The difference from the name is that one is brushed and the other is brushless. Mainly the difference between brushed and brushless.
From the structural point of view, the rotor of the brushed motor is a coil winding, and the stator is a permanent magnet steel. The rotor of the brushless motor and the stator are winding coils. Compared with the brushed motor, the brushless motor removes the commutation brush used to alternately transform the electromagnetic field of the brushed motor, so it is called a brushless motor.
How should we choose a motor for this? Choose a brushed motor or a brushless motor?
Therefore, on the premise of selection, we must first analyze the advantages and disadvantages of the two:
First of all, according to industry feedback, brush motors have the following disadvantages:
1. The brush motor has high friction and high loss. After a brushed motor is used for a period of time, it is necessary to open the motor to clean the carbon brushes of the motor, which is difficult to maintain and takes a lot of time.
2. The brushed motor generates a lot of heat and has a short life. Due to the structure of the brushed motor, the motor is prone to heat, because the permanent magnet is a thermal element. If the temperature is too high, the magnet will demagnetize, which will reduce the performance of the motor and affect the life of the brushed motor.
3. The brushed motor has low efficiency and low output power. The shortcoming of the brushed motor is also because it is easy to generate heat, and the electrical energy is converted into heat energy to a large extent, resulting in low output power and low efficiency of the brushed motor.
Compared with brushless motors, brushless motors have the following advantages:
1. The brushless motor has no brush and low interference.
2. The brushless motor has low noise and smooth operation.
3. The brushless motor has a long life and low maintenance cost.
The following is about the application of brush motor and brushless motor:
Brush motors are usually used in hair dryers, factory motors, household range hoods, and so on.
Brushless motors are usually used in equipment with relatively high control requirements and high speeds, such as: medium and high-end aviation models, electric remote control cars, electric remote control boats, electric model airplanes, precision instruments and so on.
After reading this article, do you know how to choose a motor? There are high-quality and cheap brushless motors for everyone to choose! Feel like joining us! Buy Brushless Motor